Saturday, April 01, 2006

The Demons from my Past

I feel the demons from my past
Creeping closer every day
The echoes from an old lifestyle
That I swore to throw away
It hurts, I see it, but I pay it no mind
It's all going to crash it's just a matter of time
When it hits my pride will be gone
What was the point of being so strong?
My future depends upon an act of change
Before it hits and I'm stuck in pain
It's never too late to stand for a belief
A belief that I know I am supposed to be
A mentor, a role model, someone to look up to
Helping people that can't make it through
I took the beaten path for this very reason
It's my destiny just as summer is a season
So starting today I'm going to solw it down
Before it's too late and again I'm not around.

Richard Long

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home